September 11, 2010

End table makeover

so....we have been hauling these end tables around since my husband and I married 11 years ago. They really are good quality, just ugly as mud! My perfect chance to paint something turquoise That way if they don't turn out so well I wont feel so bad sticking them out at the curb for trash pick up....
no, the pic is not upside down....the table is so I can get to the legs good! I read from another blogger to use this....
I am figuring I better use a good primer, these tables have a high gloss finish on them plus the years of tons of furniture polish and oil. I sure am not going to sand it! I painted the first coat of primer...it was not fun being this was oil based primer..I like using latex paint all the time.....anyway, I painted the first coat of primer and waited.....oh....about an hour....(I am impatient) then I got down to business....I had a quart of turquoise mexed at Walmart...but I worried that the turquoise was just a little strong......so I just mixed it with some white satin paint I had on hand.
I just kept mixing until I had the color I wanted.... then I used a small cheap paint brush to hit the hard to reach spots and the small curves around the legs...then I used a foam roller....
so after just 2 coats of paint........
I let it dry over night, of course the next morning it started to rain...being this will go in the guest room I would like to put a coat of poly on it, that way I wont have to worry about sitting anything down on top of it...
and there it is in the guest room! Hope you like it! linking back to

No comments: