October 27, 2010

Child table and chairs



I got the little table and 2 chairs free....I started to start my post by saying "how come every time I get something to re-do it is nasty?" But I guess I cant complain as you heard me say it was free...
I always start with my bucket of hot soapy water and my best friend Clorox Clean up.....in this case I just started ripping off the vinyl and batting on the chairs....



the poor table was that cheap vinyl with batting under...so nasty...I was having a hard time imagining my sweet little grand daughter sitting and using this table....the table had rips in it and someone had taped the rips....



When I had everything stripped off the table it was basically a pace of warped particle board. sorry, I forgot to take a pic at that point...I was on a roll...
I put a good coat of Rustoleum Primer x2 on all the metal parts (also the poor warped table top to cover something that looked like spaghetti sauce, gross me out!)
while that dried and in between I traced out new batting for the chairs, and some darling little Laura Ashley fabric I had...I used some left over Rustoleum Ballet Slipper for the chairs. It is a very soft pink. I loved the color! I used all the pink of the chairs so I used Rustoleum Heirloom White for the table.



On to the table, I decided to use Modge Podge, I found some girly scrapbook paper and just tore it into pieces. and put it on the table randomly. after that was dry the next day I put 3 coats of Poly to seal it all. Since this table will pretty much serves the purpose of my 3 year old grand daughter to color pictures and so little activities, it will serve the purpose until I can get or find a cheap wood one that I can repaint!







No comments: